Prince Harry, Meghan Markle to be invited to King Charles’ coronation but ‘not expected’ to attend
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are expected to “find a reason not to go” to the coronation of King Charles III later this year.
The royal feud seemingly reached a boiling point after the string of bombshell interviews the Duke of Sussex has indulged in within the last week.
While an invitation will be extended to Harry and Meghan for the ceremony on May 6, the exiled royals have been written out of any formal roles that day, sources told The Independent.
“The King does not expect them to be at the coronation,” a source close to the royal family told the outlet.
“The family will extend the invitation but it would be very hard for Harry and Meghan to be there given everything that has been said in the interviews and the book. The family expects Harry and Meghan to find a reason not to be there.”
While a formal guest list is yet to be finalized, the ceremony will “reflect the monarch’s role today and look towards the future, while being rooted in longstanding traditions and pageantry,” according to Buckingham Palace.
The Post has reached out to reps for the Sussexes, while Buckingham Palace declined to comment.
Last week, Harry sensationally refused to commit to attending the event at Westminster Abbey.
When asked whether he’d attend the event if invited, the Duke of Sussex said “there’s a lot to be discussed” before he can make that decision, according to the second trailer of his upcoming bombshell interview with ITV’s Tom Bradby.
“There’s a lot that can happen between now and then,” Harry said. “But, the door is always open. The ball is in their court.”